There are several devices that can be used for video surveillance, including:
- Security cameras: These are the most common devices used for video surveillance. They can be wired or wireless and can be installed indoors or outdoors.
- Network video recorders (NVRs): These are used to record and store video footage from security cameras.
- Digital video recorders (DVRs): Similar to NVRs, these devices are used to record and store video footage from analog cameras.
- Video encoders: These are used to convert analog video signals into digital signals so that they can be recorded and stored by NVRs or DVRs.
- Video management software: This software is used to manage and view video footage from multiple cameras.
- Monitors: These are used to display live video feeds from security cameras or recorded footage from NVRs or DVRs.
- Motion detectors: These are used to trigger security cameras to start recording when motion is detected.
- Alarms: These can be used to alert security personnel or property owners when motion is detected or when an unauthorized person enters a restricted area.